2017-2018 ROSTER & STAFF
Head Coach - Mike Cutler
- Mike has over 30 years coaching experience for various teams in Michigan.
- He has spent the last 12 years in Rockford as the Head Coach for Rockford Riptide, but also a year assisting the Rockford Men's HS coach in 2006.
- 2017 is Mike's second year as a Head Coach for the Rockford Varsity Swim Team.
- Mike has served on the Michigan Swimming (USA Swimming affiliated) Board of Directors in various Positions over the last 11 years, currently as the General Chair for Michigan Swimming.
- Mike has coached two SportstoursUSA teams (Australia 03 and Sweden 04) and coached age group, Jr Olympic, State, Zone, Sectionals, Futures and Jr National level swimmers.
- Mike swam at Grand Rapids Creston and Grand Valley State University.
Diving Coach - CJ Hardy
- CJ Hardy started working as assistant coach at Eastern Oregon Gymnastic and Dance in 1978. He purchased the club in 1979 and became its head coach, building the membership from 125 members to over 400 with the addition of a tumbling classes.
- In 1984, CJ formed Blue Mountain Dive Club and in 1985, he was selected as head coach for the Hermiston High School diving team where he introduced the first program to incorporate dry-land training and tumbling.
- From 1985 to 1996, his responsibility was to maintain the operations of the Hermiston High School pool and all activities at Blue Mountain Community College pool. His areas of responsibility included managing all activities of the High School team sports and age group dive teams, the scheduling of all dive meets, and hosting yearly Summer Diving Camps.
- In addition to coaching at Rockford, CJ also coaches the West YMCA Dive team. The YMCA dive club started with 3 members and currently has an enrollment of 20, with the addition of beginner and intermediates classes. They have participated at the 2010-2014 YMCA National Diving Championship, the 2015-16 National Synchronized National Championship, the 2015-16 USA Summer Senior Nationals, and the JO/Senior National Championship.
- CJ's other experience includes:
- USA Diving Grass Root Coach 1990
- Diving Coach for Hermiston High School 1980 to 1985
- Head Diving Coach for Pendleton High School 1995 to 1996
- Volunteer Training Coach for Ontario Swim Club, 2002 to 2006
- Six District High School Championships
- Oregon State High School Championship Diving Qualifiers
- Oregon State Gymnastic Championships
- 1998 Nike World Master’s Games Portland, Oregon
- Volunteer Diving Judge at the Oregon State Games
- Judge at State, Regional and Zones plus National Diving Championships
Assistant Coach - Kevin Brown
- Kevin has coached swimming in Colorado and Michigan since 1989.
- Head Coach Rockford Middle School Boys Swim and Dive Team 2000 to present.
- Head Coach Rockford Middle Girls Swim and Dive Team 2000 to present.
- Rockford High School Girls Assistant Varsity Coach 2001 to 2014.
- Rockford High School Mens Assistant Varsity Coach 2015 to present.
- Age group coach Rockford Riptide Swim Club 2000-2002
- Head Coach Cannon Pool Swim Team 2016 to present.
- Middle School Swim Coach Bill Redd Middle School, Loveland CO, 1989 -1999
- Age Group coach Loveland Swim Club 1990 – 1999
- Kevin teaches math at the Rockford Freshman center and is the head of the math department.
Assistant Coach - Dave McWatters
- Dave swam distance freestyle for Grandville High School, although with nothing too much to brag about, except for his coach frustratingly yelling at him one practice, “McWatters, some day you will be a much better coach than you ever will be a swimmer!”. (Of which Dave reminded his coach when defeating him years later.)
- Dave began coaching swimming and water polo at Rockford in the early’s 1990’s, taking over as Men's Water Polo Head Coach in 1998 and also taking over the Jenison High School swim program for three years when Jenison opened it’s new pool.
- Dave has been on the Rockford coaching staff for 13 Water Polo team State Championships and has coached over 40 All-Americans in swimming and water polo.
- Now retired from full-time work after 30 years in ministry, education and coaching, Dave will be serving as a part-time coach, helping out wherever needed.